How often do you login to your WordPress Dashboard and see an invitation to upgrade to a new version of WordPress? Or see that little black circle next to your Plugins menu telling you how many plugin upgrades need to be done?
It seems to happen to me every week. It’s important to stay current with your WordPress and plugin versions because many of the upgrades enhance the security of your site.
If you don’t want to take care of this yourself because you don’t have the time, are worried you’ll break your site, or just because you don’t want to be bothered, let me take care of it for you.
Twice a month I will perform any required upgrades to WordPress and plugins. In addition, I’ll set up daily database backups and twice a month backup of all your files.
WordPress Maintenance Plan includes:
- Daily database backups
- Twice monthly full file backups
- WordPress and plugins upgraded twice a month (1st and 3rd weeks of each month)
Maintenance on up to 6 of your WordPress installations. (Value: up to $1,500)
WordPress Security Service (Value: $247)
With WordPress becoming so popular as a basis for websites, these sites become more attractive to hackers and other evils. But in just a few hours I can make your site less appealing to hackers and spammers.
- Run a free malware scan powered by Sucuri to see if there are any current issues with your site.
- Change the wp_ prefix in your database tables to something more obscure and difficult to hack.
- Set your WordPress file and directory permissions to reduce the ability of hackers to access your files.
- Remove the WordPress version information from your site’s theme to reduce the ease of hackers accessing your site.
- Remove the “admin” user name from your site to make it harder for hackers to get into your Dashboard.
- Make sure all WordPress administrative passwords are strong to make it harder for hackers to get into your Dashboard.
- Remove unneeded WordPress files from your site that could give hackers information to help them get into your site.
- Add secret keys to wp_config.php to make your site harder to access without proper permission.
- Configure the Akismet plugin if it’s not already to help reduce comment spam.
- Install the Anti-Email Spam plugin which obfuscates your email address so automated spam harvesting programs don’t get your email address from your site’s code.
Normally, the WordPress Maintenance Plan for 1 site without the Security Package is $300. This special offer includes up to 6 sites and the full Security Package for no extra cost.
This special offer will only be available for a short time, so sign up now!
Notes about this service:
1. This plan is for self-hosted WordPress sites, not WordPress.com sites.
2. Theme upgrades are not included due to the impossibility of my knowing each theme and concerns about upgrades breaking your site.
3. Fixing any issues brought to light during the malware scan is not included in this package.
4. Just like adding deadbolts and security lights to your house reduce the odds of it getting broken into, but don’t eliminate the possibility, so this package will make your site harder to hack, but not impossible.